If your investigation is flawed, the consequences can be horrific.
Whether it is in the public sector, academia or private industry, conducting fair and thorough investigations is becoming increasingly important. Whatever the field, if fact-finding is not done properly or the investigative process is – or is perceived to be – unfair, the consequences can be calamitous, leaving the organization conducting the investigation exposed, with its credibility and reputation in tatters.
Botched investigations inevitably cost time, money and disruption.
The Workplace Institute offers top-quality investigative courses and consulting delivered by experts. They are custom crafted to provide practical, case-based training for anyone involved in conducting investigations of any type, big or small.
Participants have included:
- human resources professionals
- compliance officers
- complaint handlers
- policy analysts
- front-line managers
- union officials
- senior executives
- police officers
- insurance adjusters
- diversity and equity professionals
- human rights officers and analysts
…..and many others, from many other fields.
Created by Gareth Jones and based on a proven and highly successful investigative methodology set out in his acclaimed book Conducting Administrative, Oversight and Ombudsman Investigations, our courses will give fact-finders of any level of experience the skills they need to conduct high-quality investigations.
Interested in training tailored specifically to the type of investigations you do? We have put together customised courses for many public and private sector agencies. Customized courses are created in close consultation with the client. They focus on specific areas that are of the greatest relevance to the type of fact-finding you do. Clients have included:
- Exxon Mobil
- Law Society of British Columbia,
- Public Service Commission of Canada
- Ontario College of Teachers
- Office of the Correctional Investigator of Canada
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Department of Labour and Advanced Education, Government of Nova Scotia
- Languages Commissioner of Nunavut
- RCMP Complaints Commission
- Office of the Public Guardian of Alberta
- Service Canada Special Investigations Unit
- Native Women’s Association of Canada
- Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada
- BC Ministry of Health
- Canada Border Services Agency, Human Resources Branch
…and lots of other agencies and organizations.
We have also developed a series of specialised courses on a variety of topics, including investigative interviewing, investigating in the healthcare world and report writing. They, like any other of our courses, can be delivered in-house, at your convenience.
The courses are a great refresher for those who have been in the field for a while, as well as an excellent introduction to fact-finding for those with less experience.
Click On The Links For Details
- Investigative Training Course
- Investigative Consulting
- Four-Day Investigations course
- How to Use the Internet as an Investigative Tool
- Health Care Investigations Training
- Customized Investigative Training
- Specialist Courses
Contact us for lots more information